The Ultimate Guide to Your Ideal Heating System
By investing in the right heating system, you can heat your home effectively and efficiently and minimize breakdowns and repairs. However, it isn’t always easy to determine what type of heating system is best for your home. That’s why the professionals from Melton’s Heating & Air Conditioning have condensed all you need to know about finding and buying the perfect heating system for you in this detailed blog.
1) What is the ‘Right’ Heating System?
The first step to selecting the ‘right’ heating system is understanding what the term means. Each home has unique needs and requirements. To find your ideal match, you need to consider several important factors like the size and location of your house, budget, stance on sustainability, etc. A correlation of these elements will help you find your perfect heating system in no time!
2) Finding Your Ideal Heating System
Let us take a look at how these factors affect your heating system choice:
- Weather Conditions: The climatic conditions of a given area have a significant impact on the kind of heating system you need. In areas with extremely cold weather conditions, furnace sales are usually higher because they are more effective in such weather. Conversely, for moderate climates, a new heat pump is a good choice.
- Room-Based Heating: If different rooms of your house have different heating requirements, you should invest in a mini split heating system.
- AFUE Rating: A good metric to judge a given heating system is the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) Rate. As the name suggests, the AFUE rate highlights the efficiency of a heating system. This percentage-based rate tells you the fraction of energy consumed by your heating system that is utilized in the heating process. Thus, a high AFUE rating is a good sign.
- Energy Resources: Most people go for electricity-based heating systems. However, for those that are more environmentally conscious, natural gas may be a better choice. But not all houses are natural-gas compatible so this might not be a feasible option for everyone. To confirm if your home falls in this category or not you can check with your local natural gas company.
3) Benefits of Having an Efficient Heating System
It’s important to get a heating system that provides efficient and economic heating solutions. Spending some extra time and effort at this step can actually save you a lot of hassle and money in the long run in the form of lower energy bills, better performance, and the extended lifespan of the system you choose.
4) Popular Types of Heating Systems
Furnaces are arguably the most efficient and popular heating systems. They work by heating the air through a component called a heat exchanger. Once the air is warmed, a network of air vents and blowers are used to distribute it throughout your house. Every time the winter season rolls in, one can notice a spike in furnace sales, and for all the right reasons. Apart from being a highly reliable source of heat with a great AFUE rating, furnaces are also much more affordable compared to other alternatives.
- However, one thing to note before buying a new furnace is that these machines are usually quite noisy. So, if this is a deal breaker for you, you may want to reconsider your choice.
- Heat Pumps
A heat pump is a dual-purpose system that serves both heating and cooling functions. It follows a simple method of heating (or cooling) that involves collecting air from the outside and heating or cooling it before pumping it indoors. People hail heat pumps for providing high-quality, filtered air and being virtually noise-free. If you favor these benefits over other factors, a new heat pump might be the best choice for you.
Boilers work by heating water in a tank and using the warmth generated to heat up your house. The method involves pumping the hot water to individual radiators through a network of pipes, which then circulate the heat throughout your home. Boilers are popular because of their generally high AFUE ratings. They are available in electric and natural gas energy options and suit most households. As for the downsides, boilers are a relatively pricier heating option that demands significant storage space as well.
Buy Top Mini Split Heating Systems Near You
Melton’s Heating & Air Conditioning offers top-quality heating and cooling solutions near you. We provide sturdy HVAC systems and reliable repair and maintenance services. Enjoy amazing deals and offers on Mini Split Heating Systems. Contact us today!