Many utilities in the Northwest are offering customers cash incentives for installing a heat pumps and ductless heat pump systems.
Air Source Heat Pumps
To ensure the greatest efficiency, air source heat pumps must meet the minimum Heating Season Performance Factor (HSPF), the SE sizing and installation guidelines, and the Performance Tested Comfort System (PTCS) standards.
$1,000 Rebate for Existing Homes
- Single-family homes located in SE’s service area regardless of the existing heating system or heating fuel type
- Residence must meet the SE WeatherWise Program standards. All cost-effective weatherization measures (ceiling, floor, wall, and duct insulation) must be completed before the heat pump is installed.
$500 Rebate for New Homes
- Applies to homes connected to Salem Electric service within 12 months of applying for rebate.
- Air source systems and ductwork must meet PTCS standards
Ductless Heat Pumps
Ductless Heat Pumps offer an option for heating and cooling without the additional expense or installation of ductwork. They are great for homes with existing zonal heating systems (i.e. baseboard, wall, or ceiling cable heat).
These systems have three main components:
- An indoor wall-mounted unit
- An outdoor unit that sits on the ground or mounts on a wall
- A remote control thermostat which operates the unit
The indoor and outdoor units are connected by a small bundle of cables and a refrigerant line that only requires a three-inch hole in the wall for the installation.
Ductless System Advantages
- Saves energy and money
- Low cost alternative
- Easy installation
- Provides air conditioning with no window units
- Results in a more comfortable home
Rebates (one rebate per household):
- $1,500 – Homes with existing electric heat (zonal or forced air)
- $1,000 – Multi-family housing
- $750 – Homes with existing heat pumps, manufactured homes, or non-electrically heated homes
- $500 – New single or multi-family home
- $500 – Commercial building
Please contact us for more information on program requirements and eligibility, call Melton’s Heating and Air Conditioning at 503-378-7482